How R&D centers, publishers and players from adjacent media sectors can work together to empower innovation in the creative industries? Which are the most promising area for innovation in publishing and for the development of cross/multi-media products?
The session, building on the results achieved by TISP (Technology and Innovation for Smart Publishing) the European network fostering the collaboration between ICT and book publishing sector, will investigate how to:
- connect with R&D centers, companies, and other organisations involved in areas relevant for innovation in publishing and/or interested in developing cross/multi-media products and services
- facilitate cross-sector cooperation between different segments of creative industries
- facilitate cooperation on future projects in new programming of H2020
In a dynamic exchange with the public, industry players from adjacent creative industries like book publishing and games, cluster organizations and research centers will join the stage to share their experience about innovation in the creative industries, highlight areas of innovation in publishing where companies are more incline to invest in R&D and the potential for cross over collaboration within segments of the creative industries.
“Collaborative R&D and its role in boosting innovation in the book publishing sector”, Nina Klein, Director Corporate Content, Frankfurt Book Fair
“FREME, a European collaboration between research and the publishing industry”, Frank Salliau, Senior Researcher, iMinds.
“Crossover innovation using games in publishing”, David Crombie, Coordinator JAM TODAY project, HKU University of the Arts Utrecht
Who should attend?
- Companies belonging to ICT sector, to learn about emerging technological needs in the publishing sector and opportunities arising from new ICT driven products and services that serve the digital innovation in creative industries
- Creative industries, to have the possibility to dialogue on common issues related to the digital shift and discuss on collaboration between different segments facilitated by the digital innovation
- Research organizations, to get in touch with business actors and give visibility to their research projects relevant for creative industries and publishing in particular getting useful information on future topics to explore that could have a follow up in terms of business application
- Business support and cluster organizations, to give visibility to their activities for creative industries and get hints for new initiatives
Why to attend?
Support to creative industries is among priorities of the Commission while there is not yet easy contact and collaboration between actors from business and research to build a stable network of exchange for mutual benefit and joint initiatives.
TISP network can serve as a reference for all those wishing to collaborate on technological innovation in publishing, open to ICT and creative industries.
The session will provide participants a more specific insights on the R&D needs of publishing and creative industries and give visibility to own activities that are relevant for the issues addressed. The outcome of the session will be a larger mapping of organisations that make research, business support, engage in new digital products or services in the creative sector together with related areas of expertise/research that can be connected with innovation projects.
Thanks to already affirmed TISP platform, participants will be able to get visible and connected with other stakeholders.
Information and registration
This TISP event has been selected for the ICT2015 networking sessions programme: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/events/cf/ict2015/item-display.cfm?id=15852
Attendance is free, prior to registration at ICT2015: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-agenda/events/cf/ict2015/register.cfm